This is a trick one of my cooperating teachers taught me while I was student teaching. Packing tape turns any picture in a magazine into a translucent image. After two years, I've finally decided to try it.
1. Cut out the image you want from a magazine. You may also photo copy any image and use that. It must be small enough to fit within the dimensions of a strip of packing tape.
2. Cut and stick a strip of clear packing tape (even the cheapest brand will do!) onto the image and make sure to press and smooth so there are no air bubbles.
3. Soak in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 min
4. With your thumb, gently rub off the paper from the back of the tape, the image will remain.
5. Notice, the image is now translucent! The tape will no longer stick, so, to add to a project you can use a clear adhisive such as Clear Elmers School Glue or Glossy Modge Podge.
An easy and cheap addition to a scrapbook or a collage!