August 17, 2011

An Unexpected Opportunity

Today, I went to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. It was an unbelievably inspiring trip... So much to look at! It was unfortunate we did not get there to spend more than the three hours we did; I would've stayed there all night.
We turned a corner and I found an open figure drawing session happening in the middle of the room where all the Monet, Degas and Van Gogh paintings were displayed. A half clothed male model was just standing in the middle of the room. There were 20+ people sitting around drawing! I thought it was a class, but it was free to the public! There were drawing pencils, paper, drawing boards and little stools for people to just sit down and sketch.
Ever since I can remember, I have loved to draw people. So, I opened my sketchbook (yes, I brought it to he museum!), clicked my pen into gear and sketched away for two minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment